Sunday, July 23, 2006

Everyone loves a legend

had to put "baloon" to cover up the cyclist..


Legend has it János Zenthus was the actual founder of Szentes. On paper record it is a whole different story. In fact, according to historians no such person existed!! However, that didn't stop people from founding a society in his name. Each year (last weekend) the society organises a camp by setting-up tents, holding fighting tournaments and simply re-living the middle ages for 3 days.
Enjoy your Sunday!

9 comments:

maiylah said...

what a nice and fun post, Kris! :))
happy Sunday!

Kris said...

Happy Sunday, too, Maiylah! :))

Kala said...

this is kewt - I like what you did with the colors - now only if i could remember the rest of those lines like I used to before.

Sam said...

Aren't those historical recreations fun? I love looking at the costumes and trying to imagine what living 'way back when' must have been like!

Juggerpix said...

I love period reenactments! I helped out with a "Ren fest" for the last few years, but this year they didn't have enough money to do it. Now I have 2 tunics and no real reason to wear them. :(

Annie said...

Stories are fun. This reminds me of my sister and cousin playing Robin Hood and Maid Marion while I was the audience member responding to their theatrics.

Oleanderman said...

Nice selective colouring - adds romance to the shot. cool.

Natalie said...

How funny. I wonder how the story got started.

Kris said...

annie : i bet that was a fun experience

jugger : a pity..keep them am sure it'll be useful in the future

sam : yes, am amazed that the men were talked into those tights ;)

kala : hahah, it would be useful to serenade your lover!

thanky you all for stopping by ! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...