Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Before & After


Before taking up photography as a hobby (started last year July),I would just past by these road-side vendors* admiring the flowers. My boyfriend would ask if I want any of them, my reply would be "No" 'cos I don't like walking around with flowers (go figure ..)
Then, came autumn/winter when the wild flowers died down, I found myself without free flowers to photograph. I would then purposely walk by these vendors, hint to him that certain flowers would be good for macro shots..he has no choice but to buy them for me.. :p

*only this part of the town is allowed road-side selling

See Lisi's lovely Florist at Stanley

10 comments:

Kala said...

I cant quite put my fingers on it but you seemed to have done something to the image to make it look very candy like - it looks very neat!!! Cute story hehe

Kris said...

hey, Kala! what i did was increase staturation and since the b/drop was distracting, i've cropped and applied b/w and motion blur ;)

Thank you both for your visit!

Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

je n(ai pas pus passer ces derniers faute de beaucoup de travail mais je reste éblouie par tes clichés une fois de plus le coté de la statue avec le bras levé j'apprécie enormement une statue du reigne communiste? sinon continue moi en ce moment je n'ai pas trop le temps de l'inpiration due au surplus de boulot donc des que je peux je clichette un peu je te fais parvenir mon mail pour que l'on puisse dicuter sur certain de tes techniques de prise de vue en te souhaitant un bon mardi ...
Christophe
sgtlennon@hotmail.fr

Kris said...

hi, Christophe,
i think i know what you mean..i shall reply via email

Bob said...

Charming shot.

maiylah said...

i was about to ask what you did with your shot, Kris... love the tweakings you made! :)
same here, i also don't like going around holding flowers..lol.. they do make for awesome macro shots, though... ;p

Edwin Sumun said...

apahal lah lu? boyfren nak beli, you say no. tsk tsk.

the effects are very nice. the ladies look like dolls.

Felicia said...

Nice effects! I understand about not carrying flowers around, but it is a nice gesture from the heart. :)

Natalie said...

Interesting what you've done with it. I think it works pretty well.

Kris said...

felicia : yeah, i should appreciate more ..

edwin : leceh lah carrying around !

maiylah : lots of work, but i there just too many objects :D

Thank you all for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...