Friday, May 19, 2006

People 6 : at work

Paris DP's reflection reminded me of this shot. The man on the left is a seasoned photographer who is now working at the the town's 100 year-old photo studio/gallery . He had to stop photography due to his weakening eye-sight; which causes him some trouble focusing a camera. While we were there, he explained every piece with passion, telling us stories behind each photo. While we had a good time, I do hope he enjoys his work:)

Later, we found out that his name is Dömötör Mihály, the photographer of the complimentary post-card we got from the visit .

15 comments:

mfaizalzul said...

nice blog..

Mark said...

I'm gutted for him, now I have discovered photography in my small way, I could't imagine being forced to stop.

Kris said...

Mark : that's true..it got be starting thiking as well ..

dutchie said...

Very nice Kris.
Love the cow story underneath too!

chris.h. said...

its actually a very sad story--I agree with Mark.Love your cyclist shot from the other day.
By the way ,what on earth is 'grimping'???? :-)

Lisi said...

Hi Kris, very nice shot and whose camera is that...I may not be able to achieve this shot I think...

chris.h. said...

Kris,how do I get the flickr grid on my site please?

Kris said...

chris and Lisi : i'll explain at your blog :)

Andrea said...

Sad story, but you did a great job with the picture...Bravo!

Seesaw said...

Picture is great!

Natalie said...

Definitely a cool picture. At the least the man still gets to convey his love of photography to others.

Nicola said...

I like the way you made a portrait of him.

Adam Lee Dalziel said...

That amazing - must have been a great experiecne talking to such a pro -

AD

Sam said...

What a terrifc picture (and story!)

Kala said...

I like the photo reflection - very creative and visually poetic - too bad about his eye sight though - I wonder if he will transition to a auto point and shoot so he can still enjoy taking photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...