Monday, November 03, 2008

Standing tall once again

Calvinist Great Church. See larger .
This structure is almost 200 years old (built from 1808 til 1825) ! In 2006 (or before?) restoration work started and this blog has been following the progress ever since. Despite the slow progress, I've enjoyed capturing scenes which were interesting to me and documenting them here.

The church is now back to it's purpose again. On sundays, you can see believers making their way to the church in their best suits giving it life again :)
March 2008

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris,
I didn't see a way to get a hold of you. Can you please email me or post back here how to get a hold of me?

My family history is Hungarian. My great grandfather/family immigrated over from Szentes area. His name was Janos Vecseri. I about fell off my couch when I saw your photo with Vecseri Street. I've heard about the street, but nothing else.

I await to hear from you. Thank you! Patty Vechery (Americanized spelling of Vecseri) :)

vecheryakey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

If I ever do get to take a European tour, I would be sure to put this little place on my list. I have seen lots of places in the United States, but visiting Europe has always been a dream. I had an older lady friend who passed away recently. She was from Hungary. I would like to visit there just in memory of her.

Anonymous said...

Patty,
wow! i'm as surprise as you are . will be in contact with you :)

water damage,
that's very nice of you to do that :)

Rick Rosenshein said...

Great blog, photos and articles. Very informative. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work. Rick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...