Thursday, December 20, 2007

In memory of a captain



If you don't have a dream, how can you make a dream come true?
- Griff Tedd (1928-2007)

I have not been inspired with new dreams for a long time. Perhaps it is due to the fact that my plans and dreams for the past years have been realising at very slow pace. It is frustrating!
Then on Saturday Dec 8th, we attended a tree planting ceremony in memory of Griff , where Mrs. Griff (Debbie) quoted the above during the ceremony. Thank you Griff for reminding me to keep dreaming and I know slowly but surely my dreams would come true.

It was a lovely ceremony attended by many locals and expatriates of Szentes. The tree was planted within the compound of the town's leisure pools. I think Griff would enjoy being near the river very much. We know Griff was involved in many interesting adventures in his lifetime.. but the most surprising was that we learned that Griff was actually playing the captain (his real profession) on one of ships in the BBC tv series The Onedine Line !

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something inspired you to make a beautiful post.

JaamZIN said...

ohh i remember Onedine Line from my childhood! Very nice memorial post!

edwin s said...

hey kris,

just dropped in to say, Selamat Hari Natal. Have a wonderful time closing the year. I hope it's been good to you.

love always.

Bill said...

Glad to see you back, and hope you had a Great Christmas!

Keep Dreaming!

Kris said...

Zsolt,
hhahaha..that's what my partner told me as well :)

Bill & Ed,
wont be posting on regular basis since i no longer reside in Szentes.

Thank you all for your kind comments and wishes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...